Saturday, September 24, 2011

What Posers

So partly because it's a class assignment, and partly because I need practice with observational sketches anyway, I've been attending a lot of the open model sessions here at school and sketching a lot of interesting models in interesting poses.  To try to make sure that I could still understand the construction of these poses when the model was no longer in front of me, I later went back and redrew some of my favorite poses, as "performed" by a few of my original characters.  I tried to pick characters who would fit the given pose, and added a few dialogue balloons, aspects of facial expression, etc. to convey some kind of reason for the character to be in that pose in the first place.


Nothing too fancy, just a bit of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment