Thursday, June 9, 2011

Time For Elisabeth

School.

And that's all I really have to say about my recent lack of updates.

Anyhow, the last assignment we did in my Intro to Sequential class was to do one single story first in comic strip form, then as a one-page comic, then as a three-page comic story, changing and adding things in each incarnation but never straying from the basic plot of a character trying to overcome a physical obstacle.  I'm planning on submitting the three-page version to an anthology, so I won't reprint it here, but I thought I'd show off the other pieces.

The character I created for mine was called Elisabeth, hence the title of this blog post.

The first version of the story, done up as a comic strip with far too many panels:



And the second version, the one-page gag:


I'm really proud of my use of black and white placement in these pages, it shows that I've at least learned something over the past few months.  Now I just have to see if I can keep it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment